Monday, January 11, 2016

A Reason to Stay by Kellie Coates Gilbert Book Review

 
 
 
A Reason to Stay by Kellie Coates Gilbert is the third book in her Texas Gold series.  Faith Marin is a successful news anchor with her own show on the local TV station in Texas but hides a secret past that she doesn't want to expose ever.  Then she meets Geary and they become enchanted with each other. She even puts up with his overbearing and strange, but loving family.  But Faith and Geary have different interests and dreams and eventually they go their separate ways emotionally.  Then an accident happens and Faith is unable to accept that her life will forever be changed.  She and Geary must trust God with their pasts and future to be honest and give their marriage new life. 
 
This story had me hooked from the beginning.  The bounce between present and past was very tasteful and helped me to understand the story better and kept me guessing as to how the relationship between Faith and Geary changed.  The way they went from complete separation to healing and hope was quite a transformation.  This book kept me glued to my seat until the end. 
 
 
*I was given a complimentary copy of this book for review.  All opinions are my own. *


No comments: