Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Healthy Snacks to Go by Katie Kimball is now in PRINT!!



My favorite book from Katie Kimball at Kitchen Stewardship, Healthy Snacks to Go, is now in PRINT! You can buy the paperback or get it on Kindle.

From Katie: With over 45 healthy snack recipes including traditional granola bars, iron-packed Popeye bars, and 15 “larabar” style variations, you won’t go hungry when you’re on the go -- and better yet, you won't have to compromise your family's good nutrition in the name of convenience. People often tell me they go back to Healthy Snacks to Go again and again, and I find myself pulling it out at least once a week too. Running between school and dance class, basketball and Sunday school, busy families like mine need to be able to have nourishing food when we're not sitting at the dinner table. My kids love making the simple recipes in Healthy Snacks to Go with me, and they love having real food snacks on hand even more. My favorite part is that when I'm already running late to pick someone up from school, I can grab a few frozen muffins and know that we won't starve as well as being late. ;) It is my hope that you love the recipes in this book and that they become as much a part of your family's history and life experience as they have mine. Let's keep our kitchens stocked with healthy snacks that will make real food on the go a love affair, instead of a stressor. *Allergy Notes* Nearly all the recipes are gluten free, egg free and dairy free or have adaptations for those restrictions. About half are nut free, including a seeds-only version of the reverse engineered Larabars.






No comments: