Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Women in the Word Wednesday: The Armor of God Prayer


I have just about finished my Good Morning Girls study in the book of Ephesians.  I always love the last chapter that describes the armor of God.  Today as I was doing my study, I realized that I want to pray this for myself everyday and I could very well read it or memorize it, but I was prompted to write a prayer.

So here is the Armor of God Prayer based on Ephesians 6:14-17:

Dear Lord,

I put on the belt of truth to fend off lies from the devil.
I put on the breastplate of righteousness to keep my heart focused on living in God's Spirit.
I put on the Good News shoes of peace to maintain peace and connection with God.
I hold up the shield of faith to be strong against the temptations of the devil.
I put on the helmet of salvation because I am secure in my Savior.
And I take the Sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God so I can use it to respond to any attack.
Protect me, Lord, from the evil one and in this armor I will stand firm.
Amen.

No comments: