Thursday, June 16, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Chicken and Rice Bake



This is simple and very delicious!  Prep this in the morning to be put in the oven later.  Rice needs to soak.

For 8x8 pan

Mix together 1 cup milk with 1/2 cup rice and one can cream of mushroom soup.
Add 1 cup cut up green beans and 1/2 cup mushrooms (I didn't add these because I don't like mushrooms).
Sprinkle in rosemary and garlic powder.

Put 3-4 pieces of boneless skinless chicken in the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
Pour rice mixture over top.
Let sit in refrigerator for the day.

Sprinkle sage and paprika on top right before cooking.
Cover in foil or uncover for a crisp look (that's what I did).
Bake 350 for 1 hour or until done.

I also sprinkled some sage and paprika on top

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

I don't like mushrooms either. :)

Looks good!