Thursday, May 5, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (from Lynn's Kitchen Adventures)

I just love cookies and I love oatmeal and chocolate.  I decided to try Lynn's recipe and added a few healthy extras and a few extra spices.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 cup oatmeal, ground in blender (measure then grind)
  • 12 ounces chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped nuts 
My healthy extras- 1/2 c. wheat germ and spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)

Cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla mix until well combined. Add dry ingredients including oatmeal. Mix well and then add chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-11 minutes. Enjoy!

These were SO good that I could have eaten them in a few days.  As it is, they are all gone and I need to make more!

No comments: