Thursday, January 13, 2011

Recipe of the Week: Dutch Pancakes


Because I am pregnant, this is my favorite: breakfast for dinner.  So I decided to make a recipe passed on from my growing up days: Dutch Pancakes.  You may call it something different, but I got this from a friend who was Dutch.

Ingredients:
2.5 cups milk
2 eggs
2 T sugar
1 tsp salt
2 c flour
Blend all together until well mixed.  Melt butter in a hot frying pan.  Add small amount of batter and cook both sides.

When finished fill with whatever you want.  I like peanut butter and bananas.  My husband tried his golden plum jam.
Then roll it up.  I also put our homemade strawberry rhubarb sauce on top and inside.  Such a yummy breakfast for dinner.  Totally satisfied my pregnancy craving!

7 comments:

MaureenT said...

Yum! Thanks for the recipe!

Lisa said...

That looks like a great dinner to me. Breakfast for dinner is always a good idea.

Unknown said...

Anyway sounds YUMMY!!! THANKS!!! for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

This is such a versatile recipe too! You can add sausages and cheese after the first side is done or veggies too! My favourite is with apples and cinnamon with a scoop of cinnamon ice cream on the side! Delish!

https://jennoreilly.wordpress.com/

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

I will have to try that out. Also stopping by to let you know that
I nominated you for The Stylish blogger Award. You can see the rules and get the button here:http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/2011/01/i-won-stylish-blogger-award.html

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

These look like the crepes we make! :)

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

I just wanted to let you know that I finally read Hatteras Girl and I loved it. I live in NC and now it makes me want to go to the Outer Banks which believe it or not I have never been. Thank you so much for hosting that giveaway and I am so happy that I won :)

Having Fun Blogging
mrsphilipswithonel@gmail.com
http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/