Thursday, January 6, 2011

Recipe of the Week : Bean Soup

I got this recipe from my good friend Heather.  It's easy!

Pour into a greased crockpot (undrained):
*1 can black beans
*1 can kidney beans
*1 can pinto beans
*2 cans diced tomatoes (I used fresh tomatoes)
*2 cans corn

Add to mixture:
*2 (1/2 oz) pkgs dry Ranch dressing mix
*1 package Taco seasoning (can use 2 for more flavor)
*2 cups water

Simmer in crockpot for 2 hours.  Serve with tortilla chips crumbled, then put a glob of sour cream, some grated cheese on top! 

2 comments:

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

That sounds yummy and hearty!!

Whidbey Woman said...

Hi Shonda, I'm going to give this recipe a try. I have never seen a soup recipe using dry Ranch dressing mix and/or taco seasoning.
How interesting! Usually the combos you least expect are the best tasting!