Monday, January 10, 2011

Booking It 2011: January


Yippee!  I'm so excited that Jessica is making a concerted effort for this wonderful online book club.  It's free, fun and flexible!  Read this POST and see if you want to join too!  There's also a downloadable handbook for reference.

Well, I was very busy reading books for review last year and even though I love reading, I think I read too many books.  That's not good for a mom of a toddler and a house to take care of.  So I've decided to pace myself this year and be more purposeful in reading as well as sneaking in books for pure pleasure.  I will be reading some of Jessica's assigned books, review books and others that I come across. I'm also going to read through the New Testament using the Our Daily Bread guide.  All of that should keep me busy, but not overwhelmed! My goal is to read new and classics as well as anything related to being a mom and taking care of the house.  I look forward to this fun year of reading.  I will be looking for recommendations from many of you.

1 comment:

Annette W. said...

I checked it out...thanks! I am considering reading Pilgrim's Progress this year. Wouldn't that be fun!

With all the reviews out there available, it sometimes takes the fun away, but I am also trying to be more careful and read for fun!