Friday, January 21, 2011

52 Weeks of Organizing with Laura The Organizing Junkie!

Questions to ponder:
1.  What areas did you organize this week?
      Well, I started organizing the guest room closet.  I have stuffed all my knitting in there and various other things.  I have to get it basically cleaned out since we will be transforming that room for my 2 year old son before little baby brother/sister gets here.  

2.  Where you happy with what you accomplished or disappointed?  Explain.
      The project of cleaning out that closet has made a much bigger mess than I anticipated.  Literally, I have to find someplace else to put all that stuff.  My husband started making another room, but I don't think it will be done for when I need it.  So I feel a bit stuck right now.
 
3.  What types of piles would you like to get under control?
      I have a lot of paper piles around that house that I'm trying to get under control.  I actually have put them in (ugly) boxes that are in various places.  I spent last night going through 2 boxes and got rid of pretty much everything.  I tend to "keep" so much stuff!  I'm trying really hard to recycle and throw away/give away things right away.

Next week I will post some before and after pictures of what I have accomplished.  Some of these tasks are taking me more than a week to do, but I'm plugging away!

I'm hooked up with The Organizing Junkie!


2 comments:

Annette W. said...

If you have piles in the kitchen, you may be interested in how I managed SOME of my paper issues in the kitchen. I use file folders...in the cupboard!

http://livelearnlove226.blogspot.com/2010/04/getting-rid-of-my-piles.html

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

With your knitting stuff, is it really going to take up a whole room? Or could you buy a tall rolling storage unit that you could store somewhere else in your house? I use a rolling storage to hold many of our board games, and so even though it's been shifted throughout our house not only does it always fit *somewhere*, it's also easy to roll around when we want to play a game! Perhaps this could work for you? You could put it somewhere but you could roll it to where you want to work and roll it back when you're done...? Just a thought. Not sure if it would work or not!