Monday, October 11, 2010

Make Your Home a Haven Fall 2010: Week #2

October 10 - Play soft music everyday in your home. Choose worship, classical or another form of peaceful music that the family enjoys. Focus on using peaceful words and maintaining peaceful relationships. Remind your family to avoid seething anger, tattling, criticism or back talk. As the wife/mother, work on gentleness this week.

 Every day I put on my favorite radio station which is Christian.  I sing to the songs and listen to the stories that are shared and I am always touched.  I also have a few CD's that have instrumental music that are soothing to hear.  When I have a hard day, I just put on that music and breathe.  I have felt such a difference in my attitude this past week while putting on a candle and praying for peace.  This week I will add being gentle in interactions toward my son and husband and others that I come in contact with.

Are you engaged, have time management, have a pleasant demeanor, content and praying?  These were given to us last  week by Courtney in her post.  Proverbs 14:1 "A wise woman builds her house..."

2 comments:

Kaptured by Koren said...

I definitely need to work on this. The mom/wife really sets the tone of the home. I need more patience with my kids, especially knowing that I'm not getting any "breaks" I really have to fortify myself to make it through. :) thanks.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great job! I am really enjoying this challenge. I've been able to get more done, and I can feel God's peace beginning to permeate in our home. :)

Have a blessed day!
Sherry