Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Gratituesday: Jeremy's Birthday Surprise in June (Red Caboose Getaway)



Oh, it's been so long since I've wanted to post about this surprise birthday getaway that I planned for my husband.  For those who don't know, my husband and I actually had our first date on his birthday in 2003.  So, it's a double celebration.  I've tried to do special things for him and this took some tricky planning since now we had to find an overnight babysitter for Shrade (thanks, Grandma Linda!).  Jeremy had no idea where we were going.  We drove up to the Olympic Peninsula and as we passed a restaurant that was train cars, Jeremy said, "Oh, cool!  I want to live in a train!"  Little did he know that is exactly what I planned. It was a somewhat cloudy and rainy day, but we drove up to Hurricane Ridge and God cleared enough clouds away so we could enjoy the view.  Then we drove back to the town of Sequim to stay in this unique B&B called the Red Caboose Getaway.  Each "room" is restored caboose by the owner Olaf and Charlotte.  From looking at all the pictures, I think ours was the most romantic.  Also, the dining car served as the breakfast room from the 1930's. So here are the pictures from our trip:

Hurricane Ridge


Red Caboose Getaway June 19, 2010
The Grape Escape

The other cabooses (all different themes)
Olaf is also the waiter
Coconut/Banana bread with pineapple cream cheese spread
Happy Birthday, honey!
Lavender fields in Sequim

Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!