Friday, July 2, 2010

CSN store review!

Have you ever wanted to shop and have everything be in all one store?  That's me and guess what, CSN stores is the place!  There are over 200 stores with thousands of items.  You could find anything from cookware to sofas and outdoor furniture to toddler toys.

Recently I was privileged to review 2 products from CSN stores from the toy section!  I chose Melissa and Doug Pound a Peg and Melissa and Doug Food Group Play Set.  Both of these products are made with high quality wood with bright colors and a smooth finish.
Shrade really liked the Pound a Peg set.  Before I even got it out of the box he was reaching for it and took all of the 8 pegs out of the holes.  I believe in letting children explore toys first before I show them anything.  He had a great time pulling them out and trying to put them back in.  Later, I showed him how to use the hammer, but he was much happier pushing the pegs with his hands.  This is a great tool for teaching about colors, shapes and sizes.

Shrade had a lot of fun exploring the Food Groups Play set.  The set came with 4 wooden crates with a different food group in every crate- Dairy, Fruits/Veggies, Protein/Meat and Grain.  Shrade loves to manipulate small pieces and as he picked the different foods up, I would tell him what it is.  He is just learning to talk and repeat words so he started to identify some of the food.  This play set offers many fun learning activities with pretend food.  I can just imagine us playing "store" with these cute imitations of food in later years!

*These products were provided to me free of charge for the purpose of this review by Ashley from CSN stores. This is my honest opinion of these products and no monetary compensation was received for my opinion.*

4 comments:

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

I have always LOVED fake food sets!!! It was my favourite as a kid, and even now when I'm in toy stores I check them out. haha. :)

Unknown said...

Great review! I can't wait to do my CSN review!

I'd like to pass this award on to you...

Check it out here!

Sunshine Award

mommyoffaith19 said...

thank you for sharing the info on the csn review! I just did my own.

Jacque said...

We have that pound a peg thing - and the boys LOVE it! :) I think its a good way to let them get that urge to 'hit' out of the way! Plus of course we use it for color recognition and more.
You seem to be a pro at reviews! I am learning from you! Thanks! :)