Monday, May 31, 2010

Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil Review

A few weeks ago I received this 32 oz jar of Tropical Tradition's Virgin Coconut Oil to review.  I was first introduced to this company through another blog that gives healthy recipe ideas (Heavenly Homemakers).  I noticed that Laura used several recipes with coconut oil in it.  I was really anxious to try it after I looked at the Tropical Traditions website.  I had never heard of coconut oil being used in cooking before.

After I watched this video I learned that Brian and his wife first made this coconut oil  by hand in the Phillipines.  In the last 7 years, Tropical Traditions still makes the oil by hand.  Only the best coconuts are picked and each jar that is produced is USDA certified organic.  Brian and his wife were the first to bring their coconut oil to America and it is the number one best selling brand today.  The antioxidant levels in the Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil is twice as high than in other brands.  It is the best cooking oil and is healthy for the body as it supports the immune system.

I really enjoyed using this coconut oil in my recent cooking experiences.  I thought it was easy to scoop out of the jar, melt in the microwave and pour into my recipes.  I have replaced some other oils and butter with the coconut oil because I know it is healthier.  I made a yummy Almond Joy Coconut bread (recipe to come) and Heavenly Homemakers granola bars to test out this coconut oil.  It was perfect.

You can obtain your own complimentary copy of Virgin Coconut Oil book through the Referral program if you are ordering for the first time.  Please click: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/referral_program.htm for more info.  When you place your order please use my ID # to get your FREE book: 6015262 in the "Referred by a Friend".  (Thank you!) The book will be automatically be added to your order.  I encourage you to look through the website for some great products.  I have already tried the Lavendar Natural Deodorant (aluminum free), the Organic Shredded Coconut and of course the Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil.  Be sure to sign up for their newsletter to get updated information on products and sales.

If you need any help in placing your order please click here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/customerservice.cfm.

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose.  Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.

MarketingMondays

2 comments:

extreme personal measures said...

Stopping by from Trendy Treehouse's Marketing Monday! I am a new follower!

Stop by and enter my giveaways. Lot's going on like: gift baskets, e-mealz, proactiv vinyl attractions, etc.
http://www.extremepersonalmeasures.com

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

I love my coconut oil!! Have you tried the granola bars I have on my blog using coconut oil?! They're my husband's favourite "dessert"!! http://alison.blogsome.com/2009/12/02/healthy-and-delicious-granola-bars/