Thursday, May 13, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Sweet Raisin Bread

I don't know if this has ever been published so I won't exactly claim it as all my own, but try it out and let me know!  My husband actually made this recipe and I used some of my own version of ingredients.  He took another bread recipe and tweaked it to make this one.

In a separate bowl mix:
*1 cup raisins
*2 T brown sugar
*1 tsp cinnamon
*2 T honey

Mix in another bowl: (dry ingredients)
*2.5 c flour
*1 T sugar
*1 tsp baking powder
*3/4 tsp salt
*1/2 tsp baking soda

Mix in another bowl: (wet ingredients)
*2 eggs
*1 c yogurt
*1/2 coconut oil (can use olive oil)
*1/4 c milk

Mix dry and wet ingredients.  Fold in raisins.  Pour into greased loaf pan.  Bake at 350 for 50 min.

7 comments:

Jacque said...

Hmmmmm... I think I actually might have most of those ingredients in the cabinet. I think I am going to get them together and we are gonna make this for breakfast tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

WOW! You fix the most amazing things! I think this is one I'm gonna have to try!!!

Michele said...

Is it 1/2 cup coconut oil? Just making sure. This sounds delish. I LOVE doing quick breads and they are my favorite to bake. I'll have to add this to my list!! Thanks!

The Redhead Riter said...

Mmmmmmm that looks so delicious, especially at 12:30 a.m. when I'm starting to get hungry again.

Sippy Cup Mom said...

That sounds sooooo good!

Found you through mom loop! :-)

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Wow that looks so yummy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower!

Christine (iDreamofClean) said...

YUM!! I've been wanting a bread recipe to try...not sure I NEED sweet bread...but I sure do WANT it!! :-)