Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

Last year was my first mother's day.  We had Shrade dedicated at church that weekend.

This year my husband got up early and made a breakfast of yummy quiche, fried potatoes and strawberry rhubarb crumble. 
Then we went on a bike ride on the Iron Horse Trail which used to be a railroad track in the North Cascades (so it's very gradual- my kind of biking).  It was a gorgeous day!  Just so I didn't feel too much like I had to be a perfect mom...I forgot Shrade's water bottle for our ride and I also fell over on my bike when I stopped and I sliced my finger with a Swiss Army Knife trying to core an apple for my husband!

Despite these mishaps, it was a very special day for me.  My husband bought me a digital picture frame that I get to pick all the pictures to put in it.  Hmm, I wonder who will be featured!!!  My saying of the day is "I should be a mother every day!"  Well, I am.  Thank you Jesus for allowing me the privilege.

1 comment:

Aleksandra Nearing said...

Sounds like a great day (except for the owie - ouch!). Glad you all had a lovely Mother's Day! We spend the weekend together and it was lovely, too, despite the fact that I got a yucky stomach bug. Ick!