Friday, May 14, 2010

Bonus Book Review: Mommy Power (A MUST read!)

I won this book at the Ultimate Blog Party in April and I liked it so much I'm going to write a bonus review!

Mommy Power is a book that immediately engages you since the writer is a mom herself.  Dr. Sheila Schuller Coleman is the daughter of Robert Schuller of the Crystal Cathedral in California and the mother of four sons.  Despite all of her educational background she relates to ordinary moms in everyday situations.  Her stories are short and sometimes funny ending with a catchy saying, Bible verse and heartfelt prayer.  All of the mom struggles that we face can be given to the loving God who cares not only for our precious children, but also for us as moms.

I laughed and I cried, but most of all I was inspired not to attain perfection as a mom, but to rely on the One who is the source of my strength.  I would definitely share this book with all of my mom friends.  Sheila's writing style is engaging and real.  I was able to read through this book in one weekend.  It would make a great gift for any mom.  I hope you get a chance to read it soon!

Hey, it's Blog Hop Friday!

17 comments:

Belly Charms said...

Hi. I am here from Blog Hop Friday!

Shelley said...

Visiting from Blog Hop Friday! I'm a new follower :) Would love for you to come visit and follow me!

Have a wonderful weekend!!
~Shelley @ Shelley's Swag

www.shelleysswag.blogspot.com

Lara said...

Following from Blog Hop Friday!!

http://blogginmommadrama.blogspot.com

allthingsnew said...

Came by from Friday Blog Hop, but I'm not sure how to follow you :) Please let me know how and I will!

Stephanie
http://sweetsavingsincolorado.blogspot.com

Michele said...

Looks like a good book.....another one to add to my LONG list of books I'd like to read.....now just to find the time. :)

NorCalMom said...

Happy Friday! I am following you from Blog Hop Friday.

I am going to try your Sweet Raisin Bread recipe. Sounds good!

Bree, Home of Blogmania said...

Thanks for hoping around with us! Have a wonderful weekend!-www.breebee.com

Jennifer S. said...

Following you back! Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend. :)
~Jennifer

Marcie Chavez said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower.

Shanna said...

I am your newest follower from the blog hop! Have a fabulous day!
http://www.mommyofoneandcounting.blogspot.com

BrettBMartin said...

that book sounds great!! new follower from blog hop here

http://thismamalovesherbargains.blogspot.com

Patty said...

Thanks for the book review. The Blog Hop Friday sounds interesting.

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Blog Hop Friday. Great blog! I'm your newest follower.

Elle said...

Hey! I'm visiting from blog frog. I have a suggestion...hope you don't mind (my blog isn't anywhere near to having "arrived" so take my advice for what its worth!). Do you have a facebook fan page? if not, you should set one up. We got a lot of our followers that way. Then we added Networked blogs to pull our feed for the fan page (all of this is on facebook) and so our feed automatically gets pulled to FB and anyone who signs up can read our posts right on FB. Maybe you already did all this...if so, I apologize. Good luck with the reviews!

~SHANNON~ said...

Hey there! What a great blog- may have to make that sweet raisin bread recipe below! Looks so yummy!!!

I found you through Mom Loop Friday Follow! Hope you will follow me back!

Shannon
http://milkandcuddles.com/

Kady L. said...

Following back from BHF! Thanks for joining!

http://takeamomswordforit.blogspot.com

Elle said...

http://www.taketworeviews.com/archives/573

You've got a blog award!