Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Make-ahead Chimichangas





This is for 16 servings.

2.5 c cooked ground beef (I used ground turkey)
16 oz salsa (I used Jeremy's homemade!)
16 oz refried beans (made these too)
1 taco seasoning envelope
16 8" flour tortillas
4 c shredded cheddar

In pan combine cooked meat, salsa, beans and taco seasoning. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Heat a non-stick skillet on medium low and spray with cooking spray. One at a time put the tortillas in the skillet, heating for about 30 seconds on each side. Remove from pan. Put 1/2 c meat mixture and top with cheese. Fold in the sides and roll it up.

I put each chimchanga in a sandwich bag and then placed all the bags in a big freezer bag.

Serving Directions:
Remove the needed amount of chimichangas from the freezer. Remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 min. Serve with sour cream if desired.

This is so easy and quick and saves so much time before dinner. Love these!

Be sure to visit the 30 Day Freezer Gourmet for more freezer meals. Browse through the past newsletters. There are TONS of great recipes.

5 comments:

Alison @ Hospitality Haven said...

I'm excited for this!!! I want to make some go-to meals, as well as some frozen appetizers for snacks, etc. I'll keep this in my "back pocket"! Any other suggestions to go with this??

Shonda said...

I like ranch dressing on mine.

Steve & Sarabeth said...

This looks great...I'm going to try it! I love the idea of freezer meals, just need to find more recipes that are actually good!

Unknown said...

Me and my family love chimichangas! Thanks for the link to http://www.30daygourmet.com/ I'm always looking for new recipe ideas.

Christie Cottage said...

Thanks for following my blog! I am now following yours.

Have a great weekend!

http://christiecottage.blogspot.com