Saturday, May 1, 2010

Recipe of the Week: Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies



I don't know about you, but when I think of something to make I rush around trying to get the ingredients and my kitchen becomes a disaster in the process. I can't find things and I get confused about what I put in the bowl and ugh! then I start to hate cooking. So now that I have a son, my cooking time is limited, yet, I found a way to make things a lot easier for me. I have learned to set up all my ingredients before I start to cook/bake. At least then I'm not rushing around the kitchen like a chicken with my head cut off!

Today I'm going to make zucchini chocolate chip cookies. (Please click on the link to see the recipe) I have set out my ingredients and I am ready to go. Ah, relief! No mayhem here today.

My recipe comes from a great book I read at the library last spring called Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I highly recommend this book. It tells of a family that takes a year off to eat from their garden. It has some great stories and interesting ways to eat from your garden. Also check out the website: www.animalvegetablemiracle.com.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I also think it's very helpful to get all the ingredients out before I even start cooking or baking something. I also like to put them away as I use them, so that way if I get distracted with something, I know what I've put in the bowl so far and what I haven't.

Shonda said...

Great idea, Emily. I sometimes get confused so that would be helpful for me. I haven't yet mastered multi tasking with a one year old in the kitchen too.

Emily said...

Yes, I'm sure that's something I'll have to figure out all too soon. :-)