Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gratituesday: My Parents



This weekend I went up to see my parents. It's so nice to just go home and relax. Of course everything is different now that I have a one year old, but it was so fun to see him interacting with my mom, dad and grandma. I grew up in a very loving home and moved around alot and I know it is so important for my son to get to know his grandparents. I really love my parents. They have always encouraged and supported me through my whole life. I remember when I got my first teaching job and they took me out to a special dinner. I was finally grown up to have a "real" job. When I got my first apartment, they helped me move in and when they drove away, I had a sad feeling that I was really living on my own which I really wanted to, but also I went home quite often. Now that I am married I have been real busy with my husband and my job. Even though I don't work outside the home anymore, I know I need to take time to spend with my family. So, I just want to say how much I appreciate my parents and the love they showed me and continue to show me. They have really learned how to let me go in independence, but also to keep showing me love. Love you Mom and Dad!

No comments: