Monday, October 12, 2009

Recipe of the Week- Giant Breakfast Cookies

So my recipe for this week is Giant Breakfast Cookies. Like I said, I have been looking all over the internet for some new recipes. This one caught my attention because it had all of my favorite ingredients in it- oats, chocolate chips and cinnamon. I found this wonderful new website that is very family friendly. Check out Heavenly Homemakers and tell me what you think!  I just entered the Fall Giveaway Carnival and I won a book. So cool! So I made these cookies and I actually would call them Afternoon Cookies. Enjoy them with a cup of milk!

Giant Breakfast Cookies

1 cup butter, melted
¾ cup honey
2 eggs
1 t. salt
1 t. cinnamon
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla
½ cup buttermilk
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups whole rolled oats
1 cup raisins or chocolate chips
Mix butter, honey, eggs, salt, cinnamon, soda, vanilla and buttermilk. Stir in flour and oats. Fold in raisins or chocolate chips. Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Allow cookies to cool 3-4 minutes on cookie sheet before removing cookies to cool on a wire rack.


The corn was from our visit to the pumpkin patch.

No comments: